Tell us a little about yourself and your business
After a football playing career in Thailand I came to the Seashell in 2004 where I have been ever since. We are a world famous fish and chip restaurant and takeaway, giving tourists and locals alike a proper English Fish and Chip experience. Our fresh, sustainable fish has been delighting the palettes of Londoners and tourists since the day we opened.
What precautionary measures is your business taking to guard the safety and welfare of visitors?
We’ve had to implement measures to protect both customers and staff alike and have taken all risk factors into account. During the Government shutdown we were open as a takeaway restaurant only and we’re only just getting back to having table service. To best protect our staff and customers we’ve instituted a number of measures:
- An enhanced cleaning regime across the restaurant, including in areas that are most at risk of COVID transmission.
- Sanitisation point upon entry.
- Social distancing between tables at minimum intervals of at least two metres.
- Perspex screens up at every counter and in the takeaway area to minimise transmission risk.
- We have also produced a safety video for our guests to allay their fears. (viewable below)
Can you tell us one lesson that you have learnt during the shutdown?
A deeper sense of appreciation and to really get back involved with the basics at the restaurant.